SCOTT tier 3, family-based, weight management programmes
AppleTree Healthy Lifestyle Consultancy is pleased to be able to offer to train your staff to deliver, SCOTT and SCOTTlite, one of the few structured tier 3, family-based, weight management programmes aimed at supporting children and young people aged up to 16 years in the UK.
SCOTT is a 10 session programme delivered over 5/6 months for children and young people age 8 up to 16 years. While SCOTTlite has 6 sessions delivered over 3/4 months and is aimed at children under 8 years and those with additional special needs.
The SCOTT/SCOTTlite programmes are
- family based
- delivered 1:1 (one trained professional to one family)
- structured within a set programme including number and length of sessions
- have a core philosophy of individualised change goals
- based on behavioural change theories.
At tier 3 level these programmes aim to support children, young people and their families who require more individualised support due to complex medical and/or social needs. Therefore, these programmes are most suited to being delivered by trained dietitians.
Training to become a certified SCOTT practitioner -
- pre-course reading
- initial 4 days practical training
- completion of a case study and reflective statement
- yearly 1-day update and re-certification course
To find out more details and to discuss using the SCOTT programmes in your organisation contact us.
We are happy to discuss training costs being shared by more than one organisation. Costs for more than 6 participants are available on request.
These costs for 6 participants includes -
- 4 days initial SCOTT training
- All written material to deliver the programmes. Downloadable and printed by you
- Feedback on case studies and reflective statements
- Management support to set up the SCOTT programmes in your area
- On-going management support
- Support for peer review on fidelity of programme delivery
- In year two a 1-day update and re-certification course
Not included are booking and costs of room hire for training.
This training does not allow participants to train others to undertake the SCOTT programmes. After delivering the programme for a minimum of 2 years we will be able to discuss an ongoing train the trainers model.
Contact us today to discuss your needs.