SCOTT tier 3, family-based, weight management programmes
AppleTree Healthy Lifestyle Consultancy is pleased to offer training to your staff on delivery of SCOTT and SCOTTlite, one of the few structured tier 3, family-based, weight management programmes aimed at supporting children and young people aged up to 16 years in the UK.
SCOTT is a 10 session programme delivered over 5/6 months for young people aged 8 up to 16 years. SCOTTlite has 8 sessions delivered over 4/5 months and is aimed at children under 8 years and those with additional special needs.
The SCOTT/SCOTTlite programmes
- are family based
- delivered 1:1 (one trained professional to one family)
- structured within a set programme including number and length of sessions
- have a core philosophy of individualised change goals
- based on behavioural change theories.
At tier 3 these programmes aim to support children, young people and their families who require more individualised support due to complex medical and/or social needs. Therefore, these programmes are most suited to be delivered by trained dietitians.
Training to become a certified SCOTT Practitioner -
- pre-course reading and activities
- initial 4 days practical training - this can now be delivered as eight virtual sessions
- completion of a case study and reflective statement
- yearly 1-day update and re-certification course.
To find out more details and to discuss delivering the SCOTT/SCOTTlite programmes in your organisation contact us. We are happy to discuss training costs being shared by more than one organisation. Costs for more than 6 participants are available on request.
'What you have done is give me back my happy, smiley daughter' Parent, SCOTT Programme.
Costs for 6 participants include -
- 4 days or 8 virtual sessions initial training
- All written materials to deliver the programmes. Downloadable and printed by you
- Feedback on case studies and reflective statements
- Management support to set up the SCOTT/SCOTTlite programmes in your area
- On-going management support during the contracted period
- Up to 2 team refresher sessions in year 1
- Up to 2 1:1 individual mentoring sessions for all SCOTT practitioners (up to 45 minutes)
- Support for peer review on fidelity of programme delivery
- In year two a 1-day update and re-certification course
- Year 2 includes 2 1:1 individual mentoring sessions for all SCOTT Practitioners (up to 45 minutes).
Not included are digital platform for training or booking and costs of room hire.
This training does not allow participants to train others to deliver the SCOTT programmes. After delivering the programme for a minimum of 2 years we will be happy to discuss an on-going train the trainers model.
Contact us today to discuss your needs.